As part of the Data Governance team in Enterprise Analytics (EA) the role will be responsible for implementing and supporting (DG) activities across three main sub-domains: a) Data Protection (Security and Privacy) b) Data Quality Assurance and c) Metadata Management. Support the implementation of Data Governance activities through a network of business Data Custodians (executive level) and business Data Stewards (specialist level) across the organisation, as well as coordinating Data Governance on behalf of the various business functions across Emirates Group. Ensure that data is properly governed and treated as a corporate asset across all Enterprise Data & Analytics platforms, processes and services.
The job holder will be a core member of the Data Governance team capturing, detailing and documenting corporate metric and KPI definitions to support decision making and alignment, and utilising the metadata management tool to catalogue our data assets.
- Ensure the semantic alignment and consistency of information matrices, data models, metric and KPI definitions across the whole Enterprise through the relevant Data Governance forums, business Data Stewards and Data Custodians and ensure reflection in the Enterprise Data Platform (EDP) core-layer as well as various data-marts (e.g. shared dimensions).
- Advise and support various business areas (Data Custodians and Data Stewards) with the root cause analysis, mitigation and resolution of Data Quality issues resulting from lack of master data management or source data challenges in the business.
- In conjunction with the change and enablement team in Enterprise Analytics, plan, build and execute relevant data governance training to business Data Stewards and Data Custodians, ensuring processes and methods are understood. Provide one to one coaching with network of Data Stewards and Data Custodians, ensuring Data governance concepts are well understood and adhered to.
- Support the systematic collection and alignment of Data Protection requirements for all data entrusted to Enterprise Data & Analytics platforms and systems, implementing a selection of required Data Protection controls in close alignment with Emirates Groups Data Privacy Office. Take into account other protection requirements (e.g. based on competitive sensitivity of data) and support the planning and implementation of such controls across all Enterprise Data & Analytics products and services as well as closely aligning with the CyberSecurity function.
- Drive the Enterprise Data & Analytics data quality proactive and reactive assurance processes from systematic capturing of all reported data quality issues, managing the log, root-cause analysis, triage of issues across the various resolution channels (Business Metadata management, Business Metadata change management, defect resolution, etc.), and prioritization of change backlogs.
- Assist in documenting definitions of all relevant business & technical metadata for Data & Analytics platforms and systems across all Enterprise Data & Analytics products and services in a centralised tool.
Qualifications & Experience
Information Technology. Other : 5+ Years
Degree or Honours (12+3 or equivalent) :
- Degree in Computer Scienece, Computer Engineering, or related field.
- Experience in Working with and having a thorough understanding of Data & Analytics tools and platforms including Data Warehouses, Data Lakes, and BI tools.
- Capturing and aligning business metadata across diverse business areas, translating into appropriate intermediate formats (e.g. information matrices or similar) and logical Enterprise Data & Information Models,
- Experience implementing/using a metadata management tool is a strong plus
- Solid understanding of enterprise data warehousing best practices, logical data modelling approaches (e.g. 3NF, Data Vault, Star Schema, etc.), experience with associated physical data models is a plus
- Working in diverse international teams, at least partially also in large-scale enterprise data & analytics domains within complex business environments and familiarity with Scaled Agile methodology.
- In depth knowledge of the Data & Analytics platform stacks from data-lakes, ETL/ELT tooling to BI tools and Data Science Platforms.
- Knowledge of end to end Data Quality assurance processes, issue and root cause analysis, associated tooling, etc.
- Knowledge of various data protection controls (encryption, anonymization, tokenization, user access controls, etc.)
- Operational familiarity in the use of meta data management, data quality, and data stewardship tools and platforms.
- Understanding of Master Data Management technology landscape, processes, and design principles.
- Experience in the use of data catalogues and data quality technologies.
- Experience in managing enterprise data assets in a large complex organization
- Conceptual understanding of current data privacy regulations (e.g. GDPR).
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Strong background in business facing roles, ideally on roles related to capture and manage business information needs (reporting, KPI, regulatory, stewardship, etc).
- Strong working knowledge of structured query language (SQL).
Leadership Role : No
Salary & Benefits
Join us in Dubai and enjoy an attractive tax-free salary and travel benefits that are exclusive to our industry, including discounts on flights and hotels stays around the world. You can find out more information about our employee benefits in the Working Here section of our website www.emirates.com/careers. Further information on what's it like to live and work in our cosmopolitan home city, can be found in the Dubai Lifestyle section.
the Emirates Group employs over 103,363 staff from more than 160 nationalities. The Emirates Group’s extensive and diverse international portfolio includes the world’s largest international airline, Emirates, and one of the largest combined air services provider in the world, dnata. For the year financial year ending 2017-18, the Emirates Group posted a profit of AED 4.1 billion (US$ 1.1 billion).