Business Function Overview:
In alignment with our Microsoft values, we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment for all employees to positively impact our culture every day and we need you as a CO+I Edge Site Operations Datacenter Program Manager (DCPM).
Microsoft's Cloud Operations & Innovation (CO+I) is the engine that powers our cloud services. As a CO+I DCPM, you will perform a key role in delivering the core infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft's online services including Bing, Office 365, Xbox, OneDrive, and the Microsoft Azure platform. As a group, CO+I is focused on the personal and professional development for all employees and offers trainings and growth opportunities including Career Rotation Programs, Diversity & Inclusion trainings and events, and professional certifications.
Our infrastructure is comprised of a large global portfolio of more than 100 datacenters and 1 million servers. Our foundation is built upon and managed by a team of subject matter experts working to support services for more than 1 billion customers and 20 million businesses in over 90 countries worldwide.
Edge Site Operations is the organization responsible for deploying and maintaining collocated facilities globally that provide low latency and reliable connectivity for Microsoft Cloud Services to our customers. The Edge Site DCPM will be the Microsoft single point of contact for all site operations issues and escalations supporting Edge datacenter sites in the Region. The DCPM will manage their sites throughout the datacenter lifecycle. The DCPM will work closely with the Microsoft operational partners and vendors to deliver best in class services to our online Cloud services customers. The DCPM will act as the on-site Microsoft representative and provide guidance and direction on all Microsoft Datacenter policies, procedures, and operational requirements.
With personnel safety, environmental sustainability, and optimization at the forefront of our datacenter design and operations, we continue to grow and evolve as we meet the ever-changing business demands that hold Microsoft as a world-class cloud provider.
Do you want to empower billions across the world Come and join us in CO+I and be at the forefront of the action! #COICareers
As a successful Edge Site Operations DCPM,your success will be measured by:
microsoft reviews all applications that meet the below qualifications:
- Working across your partner teams, who support contracting, deployment signaling, finance, engineering, security, design and build, and compliance to ensure seamless site operation
- Developing and maintaining relationships with leased facility landlord(s), IT service providers, and partner support teams
- Assuming accountability for planning and monitoring of all physical infrastructure resources required to provide capacity
- Providing quality control for your datacenter-wide IT maintenance support activities across multiple service lines
- Being the primary point of contact for response to major incidents at your datacenter(s) and participating in proactive and timely resolution of such major incidents impacting MS Cloud services
- Implementing and overseeing all security, assurance, disaster recovery, and compliance policies for your datacenters to ensure all local systems meet requirements supplied by Microsoft internal security and compliance teams
- Contributing to regional and global improvement programs as required
- Assisting with the review, reconciliation, and approval of OPEX + CAPEX budgets, allocation of spend, and management of vendor resourcing models
- Responsible for ensuring the accuracy of datacenter information and Point of Contact (PoC) listings within all applicable tooling
for this role, you are welcome to apply if you meet the followingrequired qualifications:
- at least two years experience with it-related projects and/or program management
- at least two years experience with operations in a physical it and/or critical environment infrastructures (e.g. production datacenter, pre-production lab, etc.)
- willingness and flexibility to work non-core business hours, or other scenarios required by rhythm of the business
- capability and maintained provisions (passport, status, etc.) for international travel
- fluency in the english language (written and verbal)
while not required, we also look for the following preferred qualifications:
background check requirements:
- applicable certifications: comptia, microsoft, or network certifications
- at least two years experience working across teams of multiple disciplines and collaborating with diverse, technical workforces
- knowledge of internet wan topologies, with the ability to interpret infrastructure cabling floor plans and rack face diagrams (rfd)
- familiarity with various infrastructure cabling used in production datacenter environments
- familiarity with optical distribution frame (odf), meet me rooms (mmr) and acquainted with optical/dwdm systems
- experience managing non-it-centric projects and/or programs
- working knowledge of audit and compliance requirements
- experience in financial management and good business acumen
- knowledge of physical enterprise-class it infrastructures
- basic knowledge of ce infrastructures (e.g. ups, generator, ahu, etc.)
- strong problem-solving skills, analytical capabilities, data analysis and attention to detail
- strong verbal + written communication and organization skills
- ability to effectively prioritize and execute multiple tasks and projects
- experience working with operational ticketing systems
- excellent customer service, interpersonal awareness, and communication skills
ability to meet microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. these requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- microsoft cloud background check: this position will be required to pass the microsoft cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.