Affinity Growth Advisor
You will be a key member of the Growth & Discovery team within Marsh's US Affinity organization. You'll focus on growing Marsh's presence in the Commercial & Consumer segment through insurance programs that combine differentiated products, leading digital technology and high service levels. If you are looking for an opportunity to be part of an exciting team of entrepreneurs with the mission to disrupt and deliver the art of the possible in the insurance industry, come join us!
What Can You Expect:
- Drives sales initiatives for a broad region and/or mid-d industry by completing a high volume of sales calls and presentations, expanding and attending to a large portfolio of contacts and potential accounts and meeting sales metrics and expectations.
- Leverages an expansive internal and external professional network, accrued credibility, a long list of account leads and insights derived from research and proximity to related markets and industries to gain new business or interest from mid-d, nuanced or manifold potential accounts in a broad region and/or mid-d industry.
- Consistently interacts with internal and external senior level stakeholders and assists senior colleagues who specialize in a preferred market and/or industry by acting as project manager for advanced work streams in the deal process to gain in-depth exposure to markets and industries, experience with complex sales accounts and nurture and grow relationships.
- Conducts advanced market research in alignment with communicated internal priorities, a proficient awareness of growth areas and high-yield opportunities and relies on an extensive knowledge of the competitive environment to identify, and vet potential business opportunities.
- Applies advanced subject matter knowledge to author comprehensive due diligence reports containing complex financial analyses, and detailed market/product insights for proposal work.
- May author stewardship reports as delegated by senior colleagues, to document positive business contributions for accounts and respond to request for proposals.
- Applies advanced knowledge of the region or industry to devise targeted marketing plans for various business offerings and concepts directed at mid-d, nuanced or manifold potential accounts and conducts independent work to assist with aspects of complex marketing plans for use by senior colleagues.
- Is an acknowledged member of relevant professional and industry-related organizations, attends, contributes to and may plan conferences and relevant engagements, and authors feasibility studies to expand and maintain a large professional network and gain exposure.
You will be expected to become an expert in the Affinity space, actively drive Marsh US Affinity's growth strategy and execute client specific work.
- Market: Become an expert in the US Affinity Market
- Research the competition and keep appraised of their developments through a variety of means (analyst reports, investor reports, earnings calls, news releases, etc.)
- Stay on top of industry trends and developments through regular research
- Use research and findings to identify potential growth areas, as well as assess Marsh's positioning for each area of opportunity
- Business: Develop and execute growth plans for the US Affinity Business
- Develop strategies and drive sales initiatives aligned with targeted growth areas
- Leverage internal Marsh network and external professional network to target new business prospects and initiate outreach
- Develop and deliver impactful presentation materials for internal and external sales efforts to drive client interest and win business, pulling in the right resources to drive wins
- Client: Provide impactful and valuable solutions to Marsh Clients
- In partnership with Placement, Sales and Client Executives, develop new Affinity solutions to bring value to Marsh clients
- Qualify clients and manage the scoping of potential opportunities to ensure programs deliver targeted economics
- Partner with Digital, Technology, and Partner Management to ensure solutions are fully thought through and appropriately priced
- Lead internal and external stakeholders through the launch of new programs, managing and delivering on expectations
- Feed learnings from client experience back into to the overall US Affinity strategy and growth plans
- 5-10 years of experience in a consulting or consultative role, preferably in the insurance industry
- Bachelor's degree required
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills critical thinking
- Excellent oral/written communication skills, including experience presenting to clients and senior leaders and the ability to deliver a compelling story
- Strong ability to paint an inspiring vision and bring others along on the journey, including the ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Highly collaborative work style with ability to work in a team environment & independently
- Customer centric mindset
- Have a bias toward action and learning, and obsess over knowing your customers better to remove friction from their experiences
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: . Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers. Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: . Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
The applicable base salary range for this role is $90,000 to $192,000.
The base pay offered will be determined on factors such as experience, skills, training, location, certifications, and education. Decisions will be determined on a case-by-case basis. In addition to the base salary, this position may be eligible for performance-based incentives.
We are excited to offer a competitive total rewards package which includes health and welfare benefits, tuition assistance, 401K savings and other retirement programs as well as employee assistance programs.