A restaurant manager's primary role is to manage and control the day to day restaurant operations
- Ensure that FOH and BOH staffs are familiar with the day's requirement.
- Ensure training of all staff is done prior to restaurant opening and whenever needed to maintain excellence of operation standards.
- Responsible for coordination with all related parties during the Pre-opening Phase of the restaurant to ensure that the Opening Date is reached with full readiness of entire aspects of staffing, training, stocking, menu, budgets, Marketing Plan, and all other aspects of operations.
- Ensure that all staff is treated fairly and with commonly accepted courtesy.
- Ensure that time tables, leave roasters and attendance registers are up-to-date.
- Coordinate with the executive chef and bartender for new menus as needed and to create a wide variety of new dishes and beverage list.
- Ensure that all communications between restaurant and kitchen run smoothly.
- Ensure that all purchased order have been delivered and stored.
- Responsible for the Profit and loss statement of the restaurant.
- Responsible for achieving set revenues and sales targets for the entire operation of the restaurant on both Floors.
- Managing the prompt efficient and courteous serving of food and beverage in the restaurant.
- Schedules working hours of all Service staff, taking into consideration volume of expected business (Reservations and timetables) and ensure that attendance registers are kept daily and that any absenteeism is immediately brought to the attention of the HR.
- Ensure that all staffs are under control are fully informed in respect of disciplinary procedures, the handling of grievances, etc.
- Ordering supplies and to ensure that all stocks are ordered to the correct quantities, quality and price.
- Managing all administration procedure and ensure that all documents are sent to the appropriate accounts department immediately for processing.
- Ensure that expenses are within budget limits.
- Managing the Tips division.
- Control and manage the monthly inventory.
- Managing the day to day function of all restaurant employees, facilities, daily stock checks/stock takes and sales.
- Ensure that all stocks are being kept securely and under the correct conditions applicable to each type of commodity stored
- Managing the daily briefing with the staff to ensure smooth running of the service sequences
- Hold weekly meetings with the Managing Partner to ensure that operation is going as it should and to ensure that any special arrangements are properly communicated.
- Responsible for the PR and Marketing activities and communication in order to maximize exposure, footfall and sales revenues of both levels of Restaurant.
- Generate weekly, monthly and quarterly reports on all aspects of the restaurant operations, including but not limited to budgets, cost breakdowns and sales breakdowns (per food categories, customer profile, menu items, days of the week, etc) Health, Safety and Security
- Maintain the required standard of operational hygiene according to cleaning rotas at all times.
- Be aware of the Restaurant policies and procedures relating to health, hygiene, and fire life safety and ensure your direct reports do the same.
- Familiarize with emergency exits and evacuation procedures. Financial Management
- To achieve the budget by monitoring and controllingthe departmentaloperations, considering restaurant and expenditure.
- On an ongoing basis, control and analyze departmental costs to ensure performance against budgetimplementing correctivemeasureswhere necessary to produce positive business results.
- Comply with the company's corporate code of conduct.
- Familiarize yourself with the company values and model desired behaviors.
- Perform tasks as directed by the Management in pursuit of the achievement of business goals.