Job Description Summary
Plant Manager is responsible for the overall management required to operate and maintain the plant through O&M Management Team and Facility Workforce to ensure safe, reliable and efficient plant operations. Based in Besmaya, Iraq Plant Manager will have key accountability with regards to customer relations and O&M P&L management. Plant Manager will work in close coordination with Deputy Plant Manager, Maintenance Manager, Operations Manager and Contract Performance Manager while leading the overall plant operation and maintenance activities at site.Job Description
Qualification & Experience
- Recruits, trains and maintains O&M Management Team and Facility Work Force to deliver plant operations and maintenance services as outlined in the O&M contract
- Provides overall management required to operate and maintain all site equipment and system utilizing Contractor's O&M Management Team and Facility Workforce.
- Manages relationships with the Customer and other organizations involved with the site with regards to plant operations and maintenance,
- Manages the O&M P&L and ensures delivery of services to the customer in an efficient and cost effective manner
- Develops and implements maintenance strategy based on a Reliability Based Maintenance program consistent with achieving maximum plant efficiency to meet customer requirements in the most safe, reliable, economical and environmentally safe manner,
- Ensures implementation of Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) at the Facility.
- Establishes Inventory Management for critical spare parts utilizing Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) and makes recommendations to the Customer to maintain optimum stock of spares and consumables.
- Manages Routine and Planned Maintenance utilizing the Facility Work Force where such activities are manageable using the Facility Work Force,
- Manages budgeting, planning and execution of specialised maintenance services which are not manageable utilizing Facility Work Force
- Ensures compliance with requirements for environmental, health and safety requirements in plant operation and maintenance activities.
- Drives implementation of Log-Out/Tag Out (LOTO) System in accordance with the Contractor's policies and procedures with the assistance of the Customer.
- Oversees development and implementation of operation and maintenance procedures for major systems using Facility designer's operation manuals/procedures and equipment Vendors instructions.
- Recommends Facility modifications and upgrades to the Customer to enhance plant reliability and performance.
- Co-ordinates with GE O&M Centre of Excellence (CoE) team, GE Engineering and other O&M support team for the resolution of complex issues relevant to maintenance,
- Drives optimization of plant operation and maintenance strategies with the aim of achieving lower cost operation and/or increased efficiency and output.
- Ensures the performance and recording of periodic operational checks and tests of the plant equipment in accordance with Customer's requirements, equipment manufacturers recommendations, applicable laws and Contractor's recommendations.
- Ensures preparation and submission of plant operation and maintenance activities reports as per requirements of the contract.
- Drives assistance to the Customer in set-up of the Facility Maintenance shop, Tool Room and laboratories
- Ensures timely completion of plant root cause analysis for the technical events.
- Coordinates and facilitate Owner's arrangement of planned maintenance and, when possible, unplanned maintenance.
- Assists the training and qualification of Customer's operations and maintenance team as per guidelines of the contract.
- Provides coverage for Deputy Plant Manager, Maintenance Manager or Operations Manager as applicable.
- Graduate Engineer in Mechanical, Electrical or Controls from an accredited College or University.
- Extensive years of combined cycle power plant O&M experience with minimum 8 years in the O&M management position.
- Extensive years of O&M management experience at GE F Class Gas Turbines is a must
- Strong project management, problem solving and organizational skills
- Strong business and financial skills
- P&L management experience with regards to long term services contracts
- Prior experience with GE O&M in same capacity is preferred
- Knowledge of GE products, services, and processes (GE employees only)
- Six Sigma training or equivalent quality training
- Prior customer interface experience with capability to build effective customer relationship
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Proficiency with computer tools
- Ability and willingness to travel as required for business needs