WHO WE ARE
is a global leader in management consulting. With a staff of over 5,000 spread across 30 countries, combines deep industry knowledge with specialized expertise in strategy, operations, risk management, and organization transformation.
Our Payments practice advisesacross the payments value chain, including leaders in the new digital economy, innovative startups, and some of the world biggest payments providers. We help the to deliver insights with real impact, combining deep industry expertise with powerful consulting capabilities.
Our market leading understanding of payments is proven - Oliver Wyman helped to create the new European Payments Initiative (EPI),
The payments ecosystem is radically changing, driven by rapid advances in technology, shifts in consumer behavior, new payment systems and new regulations. In this rapidly evolving industry, players must quickly find their footing to remain competitive. Our Payments practice works with players across the payments value chain to deliver insights with real impact, combining deep industry expertise with powerful consulting capabilities.
Oliver Wyman draws on years of industry-shaping work in the Financial Services and Retail industries, deep digital expertise, and our renowned research partners at , to help our clients develop strategies that capitalize on industry developments.
We see payments as a key component of the broader customer experience rather than a standalone proposition. We work with clients across the payments value chain - from banks/issuers, to payments providers, to retailers - to build growth strategies, form effective partnerships, optimize costs, and manage risk.
We actively participate in the industry dialogue, contributing our thought leadership and participating in various payments events.
A few recent examples of client work include:
- Development of a comprehensive retail payments strategy for a major bank
- Identification of new approaches to serve affluent card customers and business case justification
- Corporate strategy for several large payments networks work spans Asia, EMEA and North America
- Developed a global payments strategy for a leading digital retailer
- Partnership strategy development/review for multiple leading merchants
- Growth acceleration plan for an innovative merchant cash management product
- Formation of a joint venture to develop and launch a new, innovative mobile payments proposition
- Post-merger integration support for a leading global acquirer
- Just as every client project is different, so we recognize and value the diversity of backgrounds and skill sets for successful Principal candidates. We are seeking high-caliber individuals who want to join our winning team. Preference will be given to candidates with:
OUR VALUES & CULTURE
- 5-8 years of relevant experience, ideally with a top-tier strategy consulting firm (or other similar organizations)
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in the payments industry
- Track record of leading and managing teams, and delivering against tight deadlines in fast-paced, demanding environments
- Strong background in strategic problem solving with demonstrable analytical skills
- Broad knowledge of the payments industry and specialized understanding of payments as it applies to one or more of the following segments - card issuers, merchant acquirers/processors, networks or merchants
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Undergraduate or advanced degree from a top academic program
- Willingness to travel (as and when travel opens up and is required to support our payments business)
We're serious about making Oliver Wyman a rewarding, enjoyable, and balanced place to work.Rewarding work
We've worked hard to earn our reputation for high quality work. That reputation allows us to work with major brands at all levels on incredibly exciting projects. Combine that with Oliver Wyman's status as one of the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For, and you get a rewarding combination of challenge, support and recognition.
Working as part of our global, entrepreneurial company, you'll do meaningful work from day one. We're looking for individuals who challenge the norm, and constantly strive to build something new for the firm and the world around us.Ambition
We intend to build the strongest Payments consulting practice in Europe. We are individuals who are self-starting, motivated, energetic, entrepreneurial about what we do. We have the common aspiration to have an impact, leave a legacy and change the world. We have no interest in running a steady-state business. We want to build, grow and shape the environment around us.Progressive employment
We want you to bring your authentic self and enjoy working alongside diverse and down-to-earth colleagues who do serious work, but don't take themselves too seriously.Enjoyable days
We want our team members to build a career here-and to be happy. That makes us serious about caring for, mentoring, developing and sponsoring each other.
This commitment also leads to opportunities for social impact and community work on company time.Balanced lives
Our work is demanding, and we want you to have the best work-life balance you can.
We'll work with you to accommodate your personal life with flexible hours and the ability to work from home.
Oliver Wyman is an equal opportunity employer.