Airswift are a Global Manpower Provider specialising in the Energy, Infrastructure & IT sectors. Present in more than 70 countries around the world, our reach, and capabilities in the markets we service is unparalleled in the industry.
We are working with a Major Oil & Gas operator to source QA/QC Inspector to be based in Qatar on contract hire and working schedule will be 5 days on/2 days off & 9 hours per day. Please refer more details below.
- Diploma in Mechanical/Metallurgical/ Industrial/Civil/ E&I/HND or HNC, QA/QC courses AWS, CSWIP (3.2) & NDT PCN/ CSWIP Level II, British Gas (Grade 1 -offshore/ Grade 2-onshore), NACE for painting inspector only.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Minimum of ten (10) years experience, of which at least five (5) years in the role of Quality Control Inspector involved in Quality Control in projects related to Petrochemicals Industry, Oil & Gas, Civil and Infrastructure projects.
- Experience should cover pre-fabrication works and works in installation/construction phases (onshore/ offshore). Experience and knowledge of activities related to discipline inspection.
- Should be familiar with QC works undertaken by Contractors/Sub-Contractors/
- Vendors/Manufacturers etc. Knowledge on International codes and standards, ISO9001:2008 requirements is preferable.
- Monitoring and ensuring that the relevant Method Statements, Inspection Test Plans and Procedures are in line with Project Quality Plan and being followed through-out the Project Life Cycle.
- Participate in inspections/surveillance visits/ audits of Contractors, Sub-contractors, Vendors Manufacturers/ Suppliers/ Third Party Inspection (TPI)/ Third Party Certification (TPC) activities and processes, in line with the approved documents.
- Identify observed Non-Conformances and report to Senior QA/QC Engineer for issuance of Nonconformance Reports (NCRs)/Corrective Action Requests (CARs) / Technical Deviations, as necessary.
- Liaise with the Contractor QC Representative to resolve any QC issues and apprise critical issues to Senior QA/QC Engineer and Construction Staff as required.
- Provide support in reviewing project QC documentation produced by Contractors & Vendors such as Inspection and Test Plans (ITPs), Method Statement, Work procedures, etc.
- Witnessing of calibration of measuring equipment and verification of calibration/ inspections records of Measuring and Test Equipment, including welding machines, NDT equipment and process performance monitoring equipment.
- Conduct verification at site of Contractors personnel quality qualification certificates, cards etc. and ensures personnel are performing certain activities within their qualification ranges. Monitor the performance of Contractor's QC personnel and reports any concerns/findings to the Senior QA/QC Engineer.