The Center for Environment & Marine Studies at KFUPM is seeking qualified researchers to fill a research scientist III position. The potential candidate must hold a Ph.D. degree in Geography and Disaster Management with experience in GIS and EIA studies. Candidate must utilize the experience in the environmental monitoring, geomorphological survey, report writing and project management.
. Conduct geomorphological survey in various part of the Saudi Arabia.
. Conduct topographical survey for the physical landform.
. Detailed geomorphological mapping and morphological analysis.
. Writing detailed progress report, EIA and Baseline Report.
. Write research proposals.
. Initiate new research disciplines on the field of Applied Research.
Compensation & Benefits
Competitive salary based on qualifications and experience. The appointment includes the following benefits according to the university policy.
1. Tax free salary.
2. Free furnished air-conditioned on-campus housing unit with free essential utilities and maintenance.
3. Air ticket/s to Dhahran on appointment.
4. Annual repatriation air ticket/s for family members up to four persons.
5. 30 days of paid vacation.
6. Assistance with local tuition fees for school-aged dependent children.
7. Transportation allowance
8. Free health care at KFUPM Clinic
9. End-of-service gratuity after two (2) years of continuous service.
The KFUPM campus has a range of facilities including a medical and dental clinic, health club with swimming pool, an extensive library, computing, researc
. PhD degree in Geography and Disaster Management
. Has an experience in a research centers similar to the Center for Environment & Marine Studies who's working in the environmental monitoring and applied researches.
. Experience in cartography, geomorphological survey, soil survey, report writing, Geographical Information System, and Remote Sensing.
. Experience in project management, project coordination and task coordination.
. Ability to work with interdisciplinary research groups.
. Publishes Papers in reputed journals
Special Instructions to Applicants
1. Applications are invited for faculty positions as soon as possible at King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia.
2. Applicants must be fluent in English as it is the medium of instruction in the University.
3. A good track record of research and of handling projects independently.
Director of Talent Acquisition Department
King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals
KFUPM Box 5005, Dhahran 31261
Email: [Confidential Information]
Telephone: +966 13 860-7854
Fax: +966 13 860-2442