Sofitel Dubai the Obelisk is Sofitel's largest property in the Middle East. The hotel features 595 luxury guestrooms inclusive of 68 suites and 97 serviced apartments in the heart of Dubai. A variety of trendy restaurants and bars including a contemporary Asian restaurant, a Gastro Pub, a French Brasserie and Pool Bar & Lounge bring residents and patrons together to celebrate the French Joie de Vivre. Guests have the option to unwind at the Sofitel Spa with L'Occitane and outdoor pools with private cabanas or workout in a fully-fledged fitness center. Business travelers have access to 1,589 square meter of meeting space including one state-of-the-art ballroom ideal for the most sought after social gatherings.
Part of the Wafi Mall new extension and close to the iconic Raffles Dubai, Sofitel Dubai the Obelisk will infuse the brand's essence with capitalizing on a perfect balance of modernism and ancient Egypt reflective of the renowned design elements of Wafi. If you are as excited as we are about connecting hearts and showing your guest passion, join us as the next Heartist - Restaurant supervisor and help us to make Sofitel Dubai the Obelisk a truly welcoming destination!
To oversee and direct all aspects of the guests function to achieve the highest possible guest satisfaction
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain and promote Sofitel operational excellence.
- Direct all operational activities towards supporting the Sofitel Dubai's Mission, Vision, and Core Values.
- Must know the standards set by Sofitel Dubai the Obelisk standards.
- Assisting manager in the Meeting's operation.
- Develop weekly Meeting Center duty roster and station plan.
- Handling of guests complains.
- Ensuring of service standards during operations and also to give training and guidance.
- Performs opening/ closing duties as assigned. (Check list)
- Meeting Room maintenance and housekeeping.
- To update and disseminate relevant information to Meeting Centre employees.
- Assist in employees development, counseling and resolving staff conflict.
- Welcoming the guests, assist & lead them to the meeting room.
- Ensure maximum guest satisfaction through personal recognition and prompt cordial attention from arrival through departure.
- Monitor Meeting Center personnel to ensure maximum guest satisfaction through personal recognition and prompt cordial attention.
- Manage and provide direction for day-to-day operation and administration of all components of Meeting rooms.
- Supervise and coordinates any requests from the guest concerning meeting rooms.
- Is fully aware of the Credit policy.
- Be attentive to guests and resolve their complaints where possible, reporting all incidents to your Supervisor.
- Sign in and out in the logbook before and after shift.
- Learning of safety, sanitation and hygiene policies.
- Participation in internal training and necessary meetings.
- Have a thorough understanding and knowledge of all food and beverage items in the menu.
- Maintain detailed knowledge of coffee breaks menus and other outlets operation timing, including daily specials.
- Maintain complete knowledge of all F&B services, outlets, hotel services/features and hours of operations, as they affect the areas of responsibility.
- Able to account and handle cash effectively, efficiently, with integrity and follow established and proper Accounting procedures.
- Carry out any other duties as and when assigned by the Management of the Hotel.
- Assist other Food & Beverage Outlets in their operations within peak times when needed
- Excellent reading, writing and oral proficiency in English
- Experienced in all aspects of banquet service
- Must be well-presented and professionally groomed at all times
- Excellent leader and trainer with solid motivational and teamwork skills
- Attention to detail and strong interpersonal skills to deal with diverse staff
- Knowledge of Excel, MS Word, Power Point
- Hotel Restaurant Management graduate
- Minimum 2 - 3 years Hotel experience with at least 1 year in a 5 star luxury operation environment