The Senior Software Engineer is a fully participating member of an agile feature team working independently on software development and problem resolution. The role involves technical design, software development, implementation and maintenance software solutions/products that support the Emirates Group Business.
- Work with senior technical engineers in the technical design process by contributing in the analysis of technical application requirements
- Convert technical solutions for small to medium d initiatives into low level design and working code.
- Independently write secure and optimized code through implementation of Emirates Group approved coding standards
- Be part of the rotational on-call support and actively participate in resolving production issues within SLAs with minimal or no active supervision.
- Accountable for built in quality and ensuring 100% unit testing as part of the CI/CD pipeline.
- Analyse and fix all identified defects with minimal rework
- Ensure re-factoring practices are adequately adopted to ensure minimum code debt.
- Ensure logging and monitoring hooks are implemented as part of the code development.
- Continuously stay up to date in the relevant technologies and implement the learnings to enhance the code quality.
- Adhere to the Emirates Group IT coding standards, guidelines and best practices and contribute to Software Engineering Playbooks and other Standards documents.
Qualifications & Experience
- Degree or Honours (12+3 or equivalent) in a relevant field such as Computer Science, Computational Mathematics, Computer Engineering or Software Engineering.
- Certification in SalesForce/Maximo/Full Stack Developer/UI Experts/ERP/MainFrame preferred.
- 3-5 years of Software Engineering experience preferably in agile ways of working
- Experience with a range of technologies: .NET/ASP.NET, AngularJS/ReactJS, Cloud ((AWS/Azure/GoogleCloud etc.)
- Developing software in an enterprise environment.
- Testing concepts such as unit testing, functional testing and test automation.
- Resolving a variety of issues using technical expertise.
- System design tools as well as experience using technologies such as .NET, Angular JS, React JS
- Designing simple applications/modules.
- Strong agile Software Development Skills
- Strong Systems Analytical skills
- Experience in working with a range of technologies: .NET/ASP.NET, AngularJS/ReactJS, Cloud ((AWS/Azure/GoogleCloud etc.)
Salary & Benefits
Join us in Dubai and enjoy an attractive tax-free salary and travel benefits that are exclusive to our industry, including discounts on flights and hotels stays around the world. You can find out more information about our employee benefits in the Working Here section of our website www.emirates.com/careers. Further information on what's it like to live and work in our cosmopolitan home city, can be found in the Dubai Lifestyle section.
the Emirates Group employs over 103,363 staff from more than 160 nationalities. The Emirates Group’s extensive and diverse international portfolio includes the world’s largest international airline, Emirates, and one of the largest combined air services provider in the world, dnata. For the year financial year ending 2017-18, the Emirates Group posted a profit of AED 4.1 billion (US$ 1.1 billion).