The Elevator Pitch: Why will you enjoy this new opportunity
The world is changing fast! Corporations, governments, schools, hospitals are all feeling immense pressure to offer work from anywhere or buy from anywhere technology. They are in desperate need for an IT infrastructure that lets employees and customers access applications from any device, anywhere, on any cloud, all while being secure. VMware provides the solution. You won't find another company that offers the breath of innovative technology designed for an unpredictable world. This is why you will love selling for one of the most highly regarded brands in the IT and Cloud Services industry. Our 350,000 enterprise and business customers (which includes 98% of Fortune 500) rely on VMware to make their digital transformation possible. As the Account Executive your primary focus is aimed at closing larger strategic business while maintaining sustained transactional sales growth. Collaborating with the entire partner ecosystem to identify, develop, accelerate, up-sell and close transactions is critical. Without you and the work of your partners, the money doesn't flow in!
Success in the Role: What are the performance outcomes over the first 6-12 months you will work toward completing
- The Strategic Account Manager is a primary driver for enterprise and transactional business within a limited portfolio of strategic enterprise accounts.
- The objective of this role is to focus on the breadth and depth of business priorities with a client, directly solidifying existing customer contacts whilst identifying and closing new revenue from the full portfolio of VMware products and services with the aim ofestablishing VMware's relevance at C level and facilitating multimillion $ Enterprise License Agreements.
- Reporting to the Sales Manager, the Strategic Account Manager is motivated by direct customer contact at CXO level and is responsible for selling the complete VMware solution, products, and services within their customer base.
- The primary objective of this position is to co-develop a partner and end-user strategy for the territory of Telco sector to cover in tandem and hit revenue target. You will be accountable for quarterly booking targets for selling VMware products (perpetual and SaaS) across compute, network, storage, security, datacenter management, and cloud services, along with packaged services, and educational offerings.
- You will need to orchestrate territory coverage through effective collaboration, leadership, and coaching of internal team/specialists and external partners on how to position and close VMware opportunities. You will work closely with top Partner Executives/Sellers across Saudi Arabia including leading VARs, Distributors, Corporate Resellers, System Integrators, OEMs, and Cloud/Hosting Partners.
- You will be expected to support Partners in negotiating large deals with deeply complex terms, conditions, prices pressures and considerations. This will require you to be capable of accurately assessing general contract terms, customer requirements, and product capabilities to ensure VMware is chosen as the preferred vendor.
- Expertise of selling enterprise software solutions to large enterprise within a high-tech environment.
- Track record of building and maintaining relationships and credibility as a trusted advisor at C level.
- Direct experience of negotiating and closing complex contractual agreements (applicants should have experience of Intellectual property rights, commercial liability etc...)
- Proven history of sales achievement and delivery against target
What type of work will you be doing What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis
- Business Acumen
- Executive Presence
- Account Management
- Industry Knowledge (Vertical or Customer)
- Solution Selling
- Resource Orchestration
- Contract Management
- Drive for Results
- Effective Customer Communication
What is the leadership like for this role What is the structure and culture of the team like
- Achieving personal revenue targets by selling VMware solutions into allocated Enterprise accounts within an assigned geographical region, territory, or vertical market. (Approx. 3-5 Accounts)
- Meeting with and presenting to current and prospective assigned customers and Orchestrating VMware's internal resources to drive sales cycles.
- Capturing, understanding, and analysing specific customer business issues and demands and translating them into VMware solutions to build and maintain C level relationships
- Increase customer spending through Whitespace and Wallet share selling motions in assigned geographies.
- Building focused account plans that ensure new business development and maintain account growth
- Support and provide guidance to both field and partner marketing events
- Leveraging companywide marketing and demand generation activities including attendance at specific events e.g., World.
- Coordination within an internal set of multi-functional teams such as Systems Engineers, Product Specialists, Inside Reps, Field Marketing, Professional Services, and Channel Management and external partners as described previously.
- Accurately forecast license bookings, specific products revenue, PSO bookings and new accounts on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis,
- Ensuring communication on pipeline status of all revenue streams to line management.
- Closing sales opportunities and negotiating commercial terms and conditions.
- Acting as an evangelist for VMware solutions, services, and brand.
This hiring manager for this role is Saif M Mashat, Country Director for Saudi Arabia. Saif has been leading and driving success for VMware business in Saudi Arabia for the past 5 years.Where is this role located
Fixed: this role is based out of VMware's Riyadh office with a flexible workstyle contract and open to candidates in the surrounding area.What are the benefits and perks of working at VMware
- You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, or you can view the complete benefits package by visiting .
- Medical Coverage, Retirement, and Parental Leave Plans for All Family Types
- Generous Time Off Programs
- 40 hours of paid time to volunteer in your community
- Financial contributions to your ongoing development (conference participation, trainings, course work, etc.)
- Wellness reimbursement and online fitness and wellbeing group classes
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what's possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.