To Manage and supervise the support and delivery of high-performance system administration services in a 24x7 enterprise environment, ensure efficient use of resources, conduct operational readiness, produce service improvement plans, coach and mentor, and to develop standards that meets contracted SLA's.
Day to Day Operations
Budgets and Plans
- Ensure a smooth support and troubleshooting activities including incidents, Requests handling, and problem, with proper updates and resolutions within the service levels agreement defined. And Ongoing monitoring and follow up of events and reports. Point of escalation for all Team Activities.
- Manage, organize, and coordinate all project tasks related to server infrastructure.
- Evaluate new business and operational requirements, and identify Application Tools, and devices upgrade and roadmap
- Evaluate vendor's proposals and provide recommendation.
- Identify, review and approves solutions design
- Mentor the team, and Identify resource weaknesses, take appropriate remediation or escalation, ensure each existing and new team member is clear on responsibilities and Objectives, Career Development Framework and career path, Competencies and Skills Matrix, and Training Plan. Follow up on regular mentoring and coaching activities for each team member.
- Assess, and approveTeam changes and Release, and attend CAB meeting on weekly basis to assess the change impact on the environment.
- Performs problem management activities to minimize the adverse impact of faults and problems on the business. Leads availability and capacity management activities to optimize maintenance
- Approve and maintain technical documentation to assist with the on-going operation, maintenance, and development of the enterprise services
- Assist with establishing and maintaining technical standards, policies and procedures
- Recommend the budget and monitor financial performance versus the budget so that the business is aware of forecasted costs and revenues areas of underperformance are identified and opportunities to improve performance are capitalized upon.
Policies, Processes & Procedures
- Manage department's staff and teams by planning their utilization, communication, overseeing their performance, recruitment, training, and development to ensure high levels of engagement and competence.
- Follow approved departmental policies, processes and procedures so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
MIS & Reports
- Contribute to the identification of opportunities to take part in change initiatives, programmes and projects that reflect international best practice and changes in the competitive environment.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Prepare statements and reports timely and accurately to meet INJAZAT and departmental requirements, policies and standards.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, IT or Electronics
- Certificate in VMware, Microsoft or Linux
- 3-5 years of experience
- Experience in Network and Security
Advanced skills in Microsoft Services:
- Administrate Windows server
- Design, configure and maintain MS Exchange messaging
- Design, configure and maintain MS Skype for Business
- Design, configure and maintain windows infrastructure serveries, DHCP, SCCM, WSUS, CA, Cluster services, file sharing and DFS.
- Design, configure and maintain windows terminal services.
Advanced skills in Virtualization Services:
- Administrate VMware ESXi
- Design, configure, and maintain VMware Vcenter Server
- Design, configure, and maintain VMware site Recover Manager-SRM
Advanced skills in Storage Services:
- Design, configure and maintain of HP 3PAR and Primera storage systems
- Design, configure and maintain Storage replication services
- Design, configure and Maintain Brocade SAN switches and zoning configuration
- Storage capacity planning, preparing storage capacity and performance reports
- Periodic Firmware Upgrades of SAN switches and Storage Systems.
Advanced skills in Servers Platforms:
- Design, Configure and maintain HP Blade systems and HP blade servers
- Periodic Firmware Upgrades for all server's component
- Design, Configure and maintain virtual Connect
- Design, Configure and maintain HP one View
- Administrate Unix server
Advanced skills in Backup Services: -
- Design, configure, and maintain EMC Data Domain
- Design, configure MSL Library
- Design, configure Networker, HP Data Protector integration with VMware Vcenter
Advanced skills in IBMi server environment
- Backup and recovery procedures using BRMS, EMC.
- Data replication through MIMIX-HA.
- Managing partitioned systems LPAR.
- IBM DB2 management (PF, LF, Referential integrity, SQL scripts) including journaling
- IBMi/AS400/iSeries administration, monitoring, troubleshooting