Weatherford is a leading global energy services company. Our world-class experts partner with customers to optimize their resources and realize the full potential of their assets. Across our operating locations, including manufacturing, research and development, service, and training facilities, operators choose us for strategic solutions that add efficiency, flexibility, and responsibility to any energy operation.
We are focused on technology development, digital solutions, and defining our footprint in the new energy space. Our ability to provide integrated solutions across our segments will be critical to growth in our core operations and the energy transition.
Energy producers face unique challenges every day, so it is our job to create solutions that enhance safety, streamline operations, and sustain uptime to meet or exceed their targets. We operate across the global energy landscape employing some of the best diverse talent in the industry. At Weatherford, we understand the value each individual brings to the table. We celebrate diversity in all its forms and are immensely proud of our workforce. We invite you to join our passionate, talented, word-class team.
When you join Weatherford, you instantly feel connected to something bigger - a community that is grounded by our core values and driven to create innovative solutions for our customers. We celebrate each other's successes, grow together, and learn from each other constantly. Individually, we are impressive. Together, we are unstoppable. We are One Weatherford.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and provides you a challenging and enriching career path, with a healthy balance of structure and flexibility to chart your own course.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Responsibilities
The Technical Sales Representative is responsible for the delivery of the annual revenue target agreed jointly by their Country Sales Director & the Operations Manager for Well Services. They will work in conjunction with the OM who is accountable for the operational execution that delivers the identified revenue. The role will be accountable for delivering an accurate revenue and margin forecast based on operational activity and expenditure plans by their customers. This is to be incorporated into the local Account Plan. They are responsible for providing a detailed product line strategy document (their input into the Account Plan) which is to be reviewed on a regular basis, quarterly as a minimum. This review will monitor performance and offer early indication of potential revenue gaps that the role will be responsible for addressing accordingly. They will offer support to and be supported by the Account Managers to ensure effective and efficient delivery of all sales processes, support for all customer engagement opportunities, opportunity management, contract handover and management of the contract review process. Quotation generation and tender response is a key job function. They shall, through liaison with OM and Account Managers qualify strategic business opportunities for introducing new technologies, products & services to both new and existing customers. The role proactively and strategically sells Weatherford tools, technologies and services within the Well Services segment but proactively seeks opportunities for cross-product line selling and bundling.
Roles & Responsibilities
SAFETY, SECURITY & COMPLIANCE
- Maintains the highest standards of corporate governance, ensuring that all activities are carried out ethically and in compliance with Company's Security, Compliance & HSE policies, Management System, relevant laws, regulations, standards and industry practices and complies with the Company's Rules to Live By
- Places Quality, Health & Safety, Security and protection of the Environment as core values while never intentionally placing employees, our processes, customers or the communities in which we live and work at risk
- Seeks continual improvement in Health, Safety, Security & protection of the Environment, taking into account responsible care, process vulnerabilities, public, customer and employee inputs, knowledge and technology and best business practices to exceed customer expectations
- Supervisors & Managers should demonstrate effective safety leadership for the health and safety arrangements of all subordinates and for any persons visiting them while on the Company premises
- Responsible for being familiar with the Company's Quality policies and takes an active role in the compliance and improvement of Weatherford's Management System
- Maintains service quality as immediate priorities when working across all areas of the business and continually seeks areas for improvement
- Responsible for adopting consistent & effective use of the available Technology (SFDC.com, XAIT-Porter)
- Follows up on leads & opportunities assigned to them - creates, updates & closes leads in SFDC
- Accountable for the technical review & commercial proposal using Xait-Porter, inc initial pricing
- Oversees the tender development and response process, and ensures all resources are available for the highest quality submissions
- Liaise with Commercial Operations to ensure efficient and effective tender management including negotiations
- Liaise with the legal department for contract drafting and execution
- Responsible for advising clients whether or not the Company wishes to participate in the opportunity
- Responsible for discussing the technical specifications with the client & gaining client feedback
- Responsible for contract review in conjunction with the Account Manager to agree on overall performance
- Develop strategic plans to strengthen WFT Identity by understanding customer/industry key objectives & aligning our Core Capabilities, assembling and disseminating market intelligence
- Oversee all areas of business risk and ensure strategies exist to mitigate these as much as possible
- Understands customers needs and ensures products and services are marketed, positioned and understood by key decision-makers in customer organizations.
- Responsible for responding to the Client Engagement Plan to enhance the profitability of the company through Weatherford's provision of products and services to new & existing customers
- Proposes solutions to customers formally (through pitches, presentations & tender submissions) and informally through networks, relationships, discussions
- Responsible for relaying competitive information back to the appropriate PL stakeholders, including pricing, product performance, marketing material, activities, new products/technology etc.
- Responsible for developing specific client application value propositions
- Submit technical abstracts or articles to industry publications and/or WFT intercompany magazine.
- Maintains an understanding of Weatherford technology capabilities and service and effectively communicates products to customers
- Participates in PL demonstrations and training to customers & internal stakeholders where appropriate
- Responsible for undertaking where appropriate contract closure meetings with the client in conjunction with the Account Manager
- Maintains effective communications with all key stakeholders both internal and where appropriate external
- Supervisors & Managers should clearly communicate expectations, roles and responsibilities to their reports
- Responsible for the generation of annual revenue targets through the creation and conversion of account plans
- Drives Co alignment by ensuring the integration of all sales activities into a single client account plan
- As a minimum undertakes quarterly reviews of their account plans with the country Sales leader and Account Managers
- Take relevant actions to identify and address revenue gaps for the year to ensure target achievement
- Accountable for delivering positive commercial results through strong negotiating skills which result in significant continuous improvements in margin performance
- Evaluates sales opportunities via the Account Managers and OMs
- Responsible for finalizing the upsell plan as per the BSA in conjunction with the Account Manager
- All employees have an accountability to the organization to be financially responsible whether they are in charge of a function budget or simply their own expenses
- Costs incurred should be within the approved budget, processed within agreed time frames & following the relevant financial policy and procedure
PEOPLE & DEVELOPMENT
- Supports line management in the efficient, effective and compliant use of resources in the support of country sales.
- Promotes the highest possible values, principles and the Weatherford culture to their team
- Supports cohesion and common purpose in a changing environment to all sales-related personnel
- Supports and coordinates the Well Services education of the internal sales community
- Employees have a responsibility for developing their own careers within the Company including completing all necessary function, compliance & business standards training to enhance their knowledge, skills and experience
- Employees should engage on a regular basis with their line manager to discuss their personal performance, objectives and opportunities to enhance their skills and experience to support their career potential
- Supervisors are expected to actively engage their employees to support talent management through Weatherford's performance management process, including but not limited to talent assessments, succession planning & regular coaching opportunities
- Supervisors should collaborate with Human Resources & Training Development to drive strategies for the recruitment & retention of key personal & to foster an environment that supports the attraction & retention of a high-performing talented workforce
QualificationsExperience & Education
- 10 years of Weatherford/Industry technical/operational experience
- 5+ years of experience in a related Well Services job role
- 3-5 years of experience in a sales-related role
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Management, or related field from an accredited University (or diploma/certificate with relevant work experience)
- Knowledge of Weatherford well services products
- Collaborative team player
- Strong technical knowledge of the Oil & Gas industry
- Management skills with the ability to exercise initiative to resolve potential & actual problems
- Broad knowledge of the Weatherford sales process, policies, products & services
- Excellent communication skills
- Advanced computer and presentation skills with experience in delivering to internal and external clients
- Ability to understand and evaluate x-PL opportunities