Women on the go have to carefully balance work demands versus home demands. Flexible work options make this balancing act less tedious, which is now possible with contract jobs. Contract jobs offer a good work-life balance and career opportunities that recognize working women’s multiple responsibilities.
Contract Jobs with the following key characteristics make an ideal career option for fleximoms:
- Well Paid: Many contract jobs pay better – some more than 20 per cent better – than full-time jobs, primarily because they demand highly specialized skills.
- Flexible work options: Go for a contract job that offers a significant acceptance of flexible work options and allows excellent work-life balance. It should let you feel you’re accomplishing a lot in the day and not just earning a paycheck.
- Ability to work from home: The ability to work when your kid is in school or simply from home is an added advantage.
- Good daycare benefits: A few companies even have onsite daycare facilities, a luxury for new moms who don’t want their career to take a back seat after kids.
These options could help you find success, both in the workplace and in spending quality time with your family.
Tips to find and thrive in a contract job
- Determine Your Needs: Always evaluate your needs before searching or applying for the contract jobs. It’s important to focus on what is right for you and your family.
- Shop for Benefits Early: Settle for positions in companies offering progressive benefits.
- Stay Connected: Join industry and professional associations to stay in step with the latest employment trends. Professional networking is the key. It is good to connect with your peers, ex-colleagues, seniors, and recruiters. You may also make a list of companies you intend to join, and follow recruiters and professional from these companies.