Are you looking for mechanical engineering jobs in the UAE and want to apply as a fresher? Well, the UAE has bright prospects in mechanical engineering sector because of the country’s favourable business infrastructure.
Various firms involved in the manufacturing of consumables, construction goods, hardware, etc., require the services of mechanical engineers. The presence of modern-day transportation systems in the UAE also requires such graduates. Read on to know some tips to find mechanical engineering jobs in the UAE.
What Is the Role of a Mechanical Engineer?
Mechanical engineers have diverse roles depending on the type of industry they are working in. They can be typically involved in controlling manufacturing systems, development and automation of machines, material processing, and much more. From airlines to power plants, a lot of industries require experienced mechanical engineers for their industrial processes.
Job Roles in Mechanical Engineering
While seeking mechanical engineering jobs in the UAE, you should be clear in terms of the role you prefer. There are various job roles in the mechanical engineering industry, and you can analyse your competencies to find which job role is best suited for you. Some of the top job roles in the mechanical engineering sector are:
- Maintenance Engineer: A maintenance engineer is responsible for keeping equipment and machinery in optimum condition. Their primary motive is to increase the efficiency of a firm’s manufacturing and development processes.
- Aerospace Engineer: Aerospace engineers are responsible for improving fuel efficiency, flight safety, speed checks, etc. The UAE aerospace industry is one of the biggest in the world, and one can easily find mechanical engineering jobs in the UAE for freshers.
- Automotive Engineer: Automotive engineers are responsible for developing vehicle engines or giving ideas to design efficient vehicles. The rise of autonomous vehicles in the logistics industry has fueled the demand for expert automotive engineers.
- Control and Instrumentation (C&I) Engineer: C&I engineers are responsible for developing and installing equipment to control the machinery and engineering systems.
These were some of the top job roles in mechanical engineering. However, there are other job roles in this sector, like nuclear engineer, mining engineer, CAD technician, etc.
A diploma or bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering is a prerequisite for getting into the industry. If you have a master’s degree, it will certainly increase your chances of getting hired.
The average salary for mechanical engineering jobs in the UAE is around AED 4700 per month.
Mechanical engineering jobs in the UAE require a curated set of skills to successfully carry out your duties. Some of these skills are:
- Technical Skills: To analyse problems and design solutions, you will need various technical skills in mechanical engineering. Some of the prominent technical skills required are automated model programming, AutoCAD, EPDM, etc.
- Mathematical Skills: The top mathematical skills required to find mechanical engineering jobs in the UAE are geometry, trigonometry, statistics, calculus, etc. You should be well-versed in these subjects to stand a higher chance of getting hired.
- Problem-Solving Skills: Mechanical engineers have to design and implement a solution based on the customer’s needs. You need to have strong problem solving, analytical, detail-oriented skills to find a respected job role.
Where to Look for Jobs?
Monster Gulf is arguably the best platform to find the top mechanical engineering jobs in the UAE for freshers. Monster lists latest jobs available in the mechanical engineering sector in the UAE.