In today’s world, with a plethora of career options, it is effortless to get confused with the choices available to an individual. From the endless choices, it is imperative to choose top career options. Career guidance is necessary to pick the career that best suits you and the one you will be able to work hard. Career guidance, commonly known as career counseling, is the process of helping an individual to choose the best career option for their future by giving them advice and varied career choices. The best option is selected from different career options that best suit you.
This article provides the importance of career guidance with the help of choosing the best career option for themselves based on their passion and interest. It also offers different career options that are in demand always and whose demand keeps on increasing. All of these career choices give an individual a decent amount of money and a person can take up any of these career options with the help of proper and professional career guidance advice.
Career guidance or career counseling is done by psychologists specializing in this field of providing counseling to individuals, especially students, helping them understand what career option will be most suitable to them. It is done with the help of various psychometric tests and assessments of the individual by understanding their interests, passion, strengths, and weaknesses.
There are various sites on the internet that provide individual career guidance online where the individual selects the most appropriate options from the given choices and the individual is assessed by the options they have chosen. This might not be as accurate as offline career guidance advice by a certified psychologist, but for people looking for free counselling guidance, it is one of the best ways to know and understand what all career options are there. A psychologist will provide them with different career options and help them choose the best career option out of all the career choices. It is not necessary to take career counseling in school or adult life only. One can take career guidance advice to pick out a career for them or take advice to affirm and confirm their career plan.
Importance of career guidance:
The future of students depends on the decision that they take regarding their careers. Many students find it very difficult to choose from a variety of career options which one they want the most. They are most of the time unaware of their strengths and weaknesses. Some students find it challenging to stick to one particular thing and are always looking for another. Career guidance helps these students find their passion and interest and help them make decisions based on well-informed choices. Career guidance not only assists them in making educational and occupational choices, it also helps them move from a general understanding of life and work to a more realistic and specific knowledge of learning and picking out the work options that work best for them. These counseling sessions provide you with the best career options. They do not tell you what to do in your life. They do not decide to choose your career for you, but they provide you with suitable options that best suggest a path to achieve your fullest potential.
Also Read : Best career option after 12th MPC
Different career options:
There are numerous career options in today’s world of fast and pacing lifestyle. Choosing an option that you are satisfied with and in which you are willing to work hard is very important. Thus it is necessary to make an informed decision regarding the type of career chosen for the future. Here you are provided with some of the best career options that are always in demand and pay a decent salary to an individual. These are:
1. Teaching: Teaching is a profession that never grows old. A person can choose from teaching to school students, giving private tuitions, or training college-going students. Various institutes also provide coaching classes for different competitive exams. A person can apply to be a teacher in those institutes as well. They can either teach in a government institution or a private institution and earn up to four lakh per year.
In the times of a pandemic, online teaching has also become one of the most preferred methods of teaching and students can apply online as well to become a tutor or a teacher. It is one of the best career options in today’s times.
2. Data analyst: The job of a data analyst is to make proper use of all the data and carry out the processing of the given data. This career option requires some experience to work correctly, but the experts have noted that this career option can provide an individual up to eight lakhs to ten lakhs per annum.
3. Therapists: In the times when mental health is not just a taboo and is actually being recognized and talked about, a career option in counselling and therapy is a great career choice. People often look for someone who can help them professionally and reduce their stress and anxiety. Therapies are provided to each and every age group in today’s time. Every school has a psychologist to whom any student can go and discuss their problems. This is one of the best career options for people who are keen on helping others and providing those solutions or even listening to their problems. This career choice can help an individual earn up to five to eight lakh per annum for the initial two to four years and it increases after that.
4. Doctors and nurses: These are the career choices that help you make a lot of money, and these career options are one of the most highly sought options. A doctor or a nurse can earn up to ten to fifteen lakh per annum, and they never retire. A person willing to serve others using their medical science knowledge selflessly is the best for this job.
5. Software developer: In a world where everything is online now-a-days, the craze for software development has increased a lot. This century is all about technology and the internet. Thus this career option is in high demand. A software developer can earn up to ten to fifteen lakh per annum after gaining experience. The starting salary would be around five to six lakh per year for the career choice of a software developer.
6. Physiotherapist: A physiotherapist is a person that helps a person suffering from severe physical injuries by providing them therapies for the preservation, restoration and enhancement of the muscles. They provide therapeutic exercises to the patient and get paid well. This is a great career choice as well for the people who want to help people and serve them with their knowledge.
7. Speech-language pathologist: people who suffer from a stroke or dementia have physical problems and suffer from language impairments. These people are not able to speak correctly and have specific speech communication issues. A speech-language pathologist helps these people regain control over their speech and language. These jobs make decent money. A speech-language pathologist earns up to seven to nine lakhs per year.
List of top ten career options:
There are different career options to choose from, but the career choices provided below are a few of the top career options. These are always in demand, and their importance increases with time. These career options have a moderate to high pay scale. The ten best career options are:
- Chartered accountant
- Medical professional
- Software engineer
- Machine learning experts
- Blockchain developer
- Investment banker
- Product management
- Data scientist
There are a lot of career options from which a person can choose but the main issue is the confusion about their own interest and passion. Many people are not fully aware of what they want to do in their future and which career choice they should prefer. Career guidance from a trained psychologist or a counsellor can help them make this decision. Online career guidance is also helpful to some people. People can opt for either free career guidance or a paid one. This career guidance advice can help them identify their interests and skills. They are also made aware of their strengths and weaknesses.
Furthermore, they provide sessions with experts in the particular field to introduce them to the actual learning of work. This helps them make an informed decision regarding their future. In these counseling sessions, you are free to voice your opinions and doubts regarding your future and your career.
Looking for work can be a stressful and intimidating experience, but when you approach it methodically, the process becomes much more manageable and you have a much better chance of getting the job you deserve. A few of the best career options have been included in this article to make you aware of the career choices that are in demand these days. In addition, we have also included a list of top ten career options that are highly sought after in India and the remuneration is also quite standardised.
Also Read : Internship Interview questions
1. What are some of the top career fields?
Data Scientist, Doctor, Lawyers, Real Estate agents, Investment Bankers are some of the top jobs that pay handsomely and also have good job security.
2. Why does career guidance matter?
Learning valuable soft skills is crucial to develop the path towards a successful career. The different job profiles will only be relevant if the right resume is directed at them. Hence career guidance is necessary.
3. What are the benefits of having the right career?
Having a sense of orientation and accomplishment, getting a social life which is crucial for building interpersonal relationships, and attaining discipline which will garner respect from peers.
4. How will a good resume help in getting a good job?
A good resume is a good framework on securing the right post, in order to stand out certain keywords need to be used as well. The recruiter must understand that the applicant can work as per the job outline.
5. How are career options flourishing during the pandemic?
A lot of resources and jobs have moved online, hence there is more flexibility and participation amongst workers.
More Resources : Career options after B Pharm | finance interview questions | work from home jobs in Chennai | fresher job openings